UberPool & UberX , Get SGD8 off your first 2 Uber rides! Sign up with my promo code “uberSG50ue”and start riding. https://www.uber.com/invite/uberSG50ue
Buy DJI Spark : http://store.dji.com/product/spark ( Shipping:Free Tax:Included )
Unboxing the new DJI Spark $499 is a pleasure. It comes with a very convenient carrying case that’s molded to fit the Spark perfectly, propellers and all.
The first thing you’ll notice is Spark’s tiny size for a drone. It’s impressive that DJI was able to pack so much technology into something so small and that fits in the palm of your hand so easily.
Spark is very lightweight, but still feels ultra-premium and high quality. This is something I’ve always valued in DJI products; they never skimp on build quality or materials, it always looks and feels premium!
After removing Spark from the box, you’ll see a set of four propellers, as well as a backup set. They have color indicators which make them quick and easy to install. Just press them on the drone arm and turn and they lock into place. Also, the propellers themselves are foldable. This means after removal you’re able to fold them up for easy storage. You don’t even have to worry about them bending or breaking.
DJI are also offering propeller guards with Spark. Like the propellers themselves, these feature color indicators and are super easy to attach. Just fasten them around the motor arm, and then close the clasp to lock them into place. The propeller guards not only protect Spark’s propellers but most importantly people and objects in the vicinity as well. Props to DJI as they managed to make these look cool!
The box also contains the 1,480 mAh battery and charger, a USB charging cable, and charging adapter. For an upgrade, pick up DJI’s charging hub, which allows you to charge up to three batteries in sequence or simultaneously. Again, very cool design. Pull the side-tabs to unlock the battery from the drone, and slide it into the charging slot. Like all new DJI drones, Spark batteries are both beautiful and ergonomic, with LEDs that to indicate battery life and status clearly. Flight times on a single charge are advertised at an impressive 16 minutes.
A key feature of Spark is the camera. It features a 2-axis mechanical gimbal — an incredible feat for its tiny size. The camera captures 12 MP photos, and records 1080p 30fps video footage.
At the front are the obstacle avoidance sensors. These are convenient to have as they let you fly with confidence. At the rear hidden behind the drone’s cover are a Micro USB port and Micro SD card slot. All your photos and videos can be saved to your SD card in full resolution.
Another observation I made while unboxing was Spark’s four rubber feet. They not only keep Spark from sliding on flat surfaces but also raise the drone off the ground just enough for the camera gimbal and other sensors to be clear.
So after all that, how do I feel about Spark? Well, it’s difficult to put into words just how little Spark is. It’s almost as if you have to see it in person to believe it! The main body is smaller than my Samsung Galaxy S8. It reminds me of a miniature Mavic Pro. I really can’t wait to take it out for a spin. It’ll be interesting to see how Spark handles high wind and how it is being controlled by a mobile device. There’s only one way to find out!
Overall, Spark looks super cool, is portable, and feels premium in build quality. It’s also pretty affordable at $499!
You can watch a hands-on of the DJI Spark via YouTube blogger Ben Schmanke below:
- Nanyang Girls’ High School IP SAP (girls) / 南洋女子中学 – 264
- Methodist Girls’ School (Secondary) IB (girls) / 循道卫理女子中学IB – 261
- Raffles Institution IP (boys) / 莱福仕学院– 261
- Hwa Chong Institution IP SAP (boys) / 华侨中学 – 260
- Raffles Girls’ School (Secondary) IP (girls) / 莱佛士女子中学– 260
- CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls’ School IP SAP (girls) / 圣尼各拉女校IP– 258
- Dunman High School IP SAP (co-ed) / 德明政府中学 – 258
- National Junior College IP (co-ed) / 国家初级学院– 258
- Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) IB (boys) / 英华中学– 256
- Cedar Girls’ Secondary School IP (girls) / 四德女中IP – 254
- Victoria School IP (boys) / 维多利亚中学IP（男）– 254
- Catholic High School IP SAP (boys) / 公教中学IP – 253
- River Valley High School IP SAP (co-ed) / 立化中学– 253
- Singapore Chinese Girls’ School IP (girls) / 新加坡女子中学– 253
- St. Joseph’s Institution IB (boys) / 圣约瑟书院– 253
- Temasek Junior College IP (co-ed) / 淡马锡初级学院 – 253
- CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls’ School O-levels SAP (girls) / 圣尼各拉女校O-levels – 253
- Methodist Girls’ School (Secondary) O-levels (girls) / 循道卫理女子中学O-levels – 253
- Singapore Chinese Girls’ School O-levels (girls) / 新加坡女子中学O-levels– 252
- Catholic High School O-levels SAP (boys) / 公教中学O-levels – 251
- Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) O-levels (boys) / 英华中学O-levels– 250
- Cedar Girls’ Secondary School – O-levels (girls) / 四德女中O-levels– 250
- Victoria School – O-levels (boys) / 维多利亚中学O-levels– 248
- Anderson Secondary School (co-ed) / 安德逊中学– 247
- Bukit Panjang Govt. High School (co-ed) / 武吉班让ZF中学– 247
- CHIJ Secondary (Toa Payoh) (girls) / 圣婴女中(大巴窑)– 247
- Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School (Secondary) (girls) / 巴耶利峇循道卫理女子中学– 247
- St. Joseph’s Institution O-levels (boys) / 圣约瑟书院O-levels– 246
- Nan Hua High School SAP (co-ed) / 南华中学– 245
- St. Andrew’s Secondary School (boys) / 圣安德烈中学（男）– 245
- St. Margaret’s Secondary School (girls) / 圣玛格烈中学（女）– 244
- Crescent Girls’ School (girls) / 克信女中– 243
- Fairfield Methodist School (Secondary) (co-ed) / 花菲卫理中学– 243
- Nan Chiau High School SAP (co-ed) / 南桥中学– 243
- Swiss Cottage Secondary School (co-ed) / 瑞士村中学– 241
- Anglican High School SAP (co-ed) / 圣公会中学– 240
- Anglo-Chinese School (Barker Road) (boys) / 英华学校– 239
- Chung Cheng High School (Main) SAP (co-ed) / 中正中学– 239
- Commonwealth Secondary School (co-ed) / 立才中学– 239
- Ngee Ann Secondary School (co-ed) / 义安中学– 238
- Chung Cheng High School (Yishun) (co-ed) / 中正中学（义顺）– 237
- Yishun Town Secondary School (co-ed) / 义顺中学– 237
- Tanjong Katong Girls’ School (girls) / 丹绒加东女校– 236
- Xinmin Secondary School (co-ed) / 新民中学– 236
- CHIJ St. Theresa’s Convent (girls) / 圣婴德兰中学– 235
- Maris Stella High School SAP (boys) / 海星中学– 235
- Fuhua Secondary School (co-ed) / 富华中学– 234
- Zhonghua Secondary School (co-ed) / 中华中学– 234
- Clementi Town Secondary School (co-ed) / 金文泰中学– 233
- Presbyterian High School (co-ed) / 长老会中学– 233
IB：IB课程全称为国际预科证书课程（International Baccalaureate Diploma Program,简称IB课程），是由国际文凭组织为学生设计的课程。